Re: Electronic House magazine's Best Homes of the Year 2007

meant to say ... going through AnyDVD or Clone DVD ... maybe they are
code-neutral on the 50/60Hz issue, too ... but still wonder about the
quality ...

'wonder if HD DVDs do it differently ... must do my research !

Chris

On 6 May 2007, at 10:16, Chris Hunter wrote:

> >sorry ... Scrubs ...
>
> lost on me ... I'll try to ignore ... !
>
> >AnyDVD & CloneDVD ...
>
> we use our PC to play DVDs ... so maybe we should get one of
> them ... but 'curious to know how they cope with the different
> encodings ... ie: the 24fps vs 50Hz Europe & 60Hz USA business,
> which I'd assumed meant it wasn't just prohibitions but codings
> that were different on the DVD ... 'wonder if Zone 1 & Zone 2
> copies of the same movie play to same quality through AnyDVD or
> CloneDVD ?
>
> >roll of duct tape ...
>
> yes, 'wonder if people are better in the more formal environment of
> rows of seats ???
>

> Chris
>

> On 6 May 2007, at 09:57, Phil Harris wrote:
>

>>> actually, that's not a bad idea ...
>>
>> Glad you like it - now what's your opinion on penecillin,
>> microwave ovens
>> and vaseline? :-D
>>
>> (Sorry - just had a four hour "Scrubs" marathon and Dr.
Cox is my
>> favourite
>> character on TV...)
>>
>>> some sort of introductory
>>> material to get people settled & in the mood ... at the
>>> concert-hall, at the theatre, & for operas, they used to
have
>>> / have overtures, to do the same thing ...
>>
>> ... or just to fill up the 15 minutes whilst your CRT projector
>> reaches
>> operating temperature ...
>>
>>> only ... it could all for nought, without a way to jump the
>>> copyright & disclaimer texts, and the trailers, at the
start
>>> of DVDs ...
>>> sometimes it's possible, by jumping around the controls (as
>>> it were), but far from always ...
>>
>> Ahhh - you haven't done your research. What you're talking about
>> is called
>> "User Prohibition" and is part of the DVD playback
licence specs
>> as is
>> intended to lockout the transport controls during those
wonderfully
>> involving trailers and FBI warnings...
>>
>> Thankfully every "chipped" DVD player I've had over the
years has
>> user
>> prohibitions disabled as part of that useful package of mods.
>>
>> However, if you're using a PC for playing or ripping DVDs then
>> AnyDVD and
>> CloneDVD between them not only allow you to disable user
>> prohibitions and
>> region coding (functions of AnyDVD)but also effectively remaster
>> DVDs to
>> remove trailers, adverts and any other unwanted stuff (functions
of
>> CloneDVD).
>>
>>> 'must remember have a we're at the cinema mode on the HA,
>>> too, to handle the things that would be interruptions ...
>>
>> Yeah - for me, a roll of duct tape and a big sign saying
"Shut the