Re: Electronic House magazine's Best Homes of the Year 2007

actually, that's not a bad idea ... some sort of introductory
material to get people settled & in the mood ... at the concert-hall,
at the theatre, & for operas, they used to have / have overtures, to
do the same thing ...

only ... it could all for nought, without a way to jump the copyright
& disclaimer texts, and the trailers, at the start of DVDs ...
sometimes it's possible, by jumping around the controls (as it were),
but far from always ...

'must remember have a we're at the cinema mode on the HA, too, to
handle the things that would be interruptions ...

Chris

On 5 May 2007, at 12:37, Phil Harris wrote:

> Depends what you're after doesn't it? Some people want a proper
"home
> cinema" and in that case the rows of seats is part of the
> experience. (In
> such installs it's quite common to have popcorn carts and other such
> "extras" too.)
>
> I spent a while several years ago putting together a (purposely)
> cheesy
> PowerPoint slideshow of adverts for fictitious local businesses and
> used to
> have the PC run several random movie trailers, the "Pearl &
Dean"