RE: Recommendation required for ADSL modem + 4 port Router

> We'd had some many problems with NetGeat routers and WAPs that we
> persuaded the shop we bought it from to give us a DLink as a
> replacement. That has been a lot better, even though the wireless side
> still poor.

I had a D-Link wireless router and found its wireless throughput to be -
well - pathetic...

> Partly becuase of the 9 different wireless netwroks we can see, 4 of
> them all on channel 1 last time we looked.

Yes, same problem here - 9 wifi AP's (three new ones over the Easter
weekend) but seemingly randomly spread across channels...

> Have actually gone for powerline ethernet instead for some things,
> well worth the money, and so impressed by the first pair, we bought
> two more to extend the network in to new areas.

I was quite surprised to find that the NetGear FWAG114 that I bought to
replace the existing NetGear WPN824 had better throughput straight out of
the box - even sticking to 802.11g. It must handle congestion better.

Phil