RE: Recommendation required for ADSL modem + 4 port Router

> Maybe the fans were panaflo or papst?

I *THINK* the fans themselves were Papst...

> > TBH it's probably academic as there's loads of quiet fans out
there
> > now ...
> > I just know that the ones I needed for my Switch were slimline
> > (about 10mm
> > thick) and 5v rather than 12v (and no, I don't undervolt them).
>
> Gosh, I'd have expected them to be 20mm ones at least.

Sorry - the ones that I needed were 5v (I went back and edited that line
before sending but did it badly).

The original fans were very thick - prolly 20mm - but the ones I put in are
slim ones. Yes, the airflow is much less but it doesn't seem to suffer.

> > I cut the connector off the old fans, soldered and heatshrunk the
> > joins and
> > bolted in the new fans ... 10minutes job at a push.
>
> Cool, ta. I'll have a poke around and see what quiet ones can be had
> now...

:-D

Phil