RE: Re: [OT] Disc rescue...

I agree with Geoff ... obviously I'm right in the middle of recovering
this
drive for my sister in law now and there's almost certainly going to be
stuff on there that is going to cause "issues" but the
responsibility for
the content of the data isn't mine.

Sure, the temptation is there to go take a look at files with interesting
sounding names or have a flick through photos directories but at the end of
the day I'll just hand her back her corrupt drive "as is" (in
case there's
anything else she needs back later) and her documents folders on DVDs.

Phil

"inadvertently"
> formatted their HDD.  Did a great job of getting the data even though
> the partitions had been rearranged, but didn't (unfortunately) make
any
> distinction between data that had been legitimately deleted prior to
> the format and the general "wanted" data - It recovered
everything.