Re: Electric Re-wiring!

Oh OK this is relevant for new builds etc. that I can see.  I too
would nee=
to see the relevant certificates.

But for an existing place - i.e. I just bought a flat built in the 60's I
never asked for an electrical certificate, even if I did they would not
hav=
one.  My mortgage lender never asked for anything either.

Ho yin

On 03/05/07, Jewelie <jewelie@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   More like the mortgage company will ask for the relevant
certificates
> (electrics and plumbing) and if they not there, they say "no go,
get
> them"
>
> In some cases they may ask you to give them the money so they can pay
> contractors to do it.
>
> Pretty much going to be the case that no certificate equals no sale
> unless it is all going to be done privately. Involve a mortgage
> company anywhere along the line, and you are going to be required to
> have the certificates other otherwise be able to prove that things are
> safe. (House builds and so on done over the last few years.)
>
> A friend of mine is a plumber, and she is already having to do
> mortgage rework with payment lodged with mortgage company in advance.
> For other work withholding the certificate (along with CORGI gas)
> until payment is pretty much the ultimate sanction short of court.
>
> Julie
>

> On 5/3/07, David Greaves <david@xxxxxxx
<david%40dgreaves.com>>
> wrote:
> > Yes.
> >
> > No, they say "This house is electrically unsafe and needs
re-wiring.
> That will
> > cost =A31500 otherwise I can't get insurance - hey Mr Estate
Agent, now
> you know
> > this aren't you obliged to tell other buyers about it. Anyhow, if
you
> just
> > knock =A31500 off the =A3395,000 for the house we'll do it when
we move=
in."

> > The seller says "WTF, OK".
> > The buyer grins.
> >
> > David
> > PS or something like that.
> >
> > Ho Yin Ng wrote:
> > > Do people really check when they buy a house whether the
place has
> been
> > > rewired??
> > >
> > > If they ask for a certificate and you say you don't have one
are they
> really
> > > going to not buy the house?
> > >
> > > Ho yin
> > >
> > > On 02/05/07, Mark Golledge
<markgolledge@xxxxxxx<markgolledge%=
40googlemail.com>>

> that
> sell
(and you to pay
> for
strapped for
> cash!

> the
later date
> (before we

<jgpayne@xxxxxxx<jgpayne%40btinternet.co=
m><jgpayne%40btintern
> et.com>>
They want to bring
Electric round - I
> really
replaced, but they
> also
airing cupboard and
intensive =3D expensive=
.

<neil.fuller%40gmail.com> =
<
> neil.fuller%40gmail.com> <
<ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com><ukha_d%40yaho=
ogrou
> ps.com><ukha_d%40yahoogrou

Dean or someone wh=
> is