Re: Recommendation required for ADSL modem + 4 port Router

On 5/3/07, family berry <familyberry@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for the advice. Interesting that you had line dropping issues
too
> with the DG834. What I can't get my head around is why I should have a
> problem now, when it's been ok since initial installation in Feb 2004.

Ours was fine for about 8 months, then died completely.

We'd had some many problems with NetGeat routers and WAPs that we
persuaded the shop we bought it from to give us a DLink as a
replacement. That has been a lot better, even though the wireless side
still poor.

Partly becuase of the 9 different wireless netwroks we can see, 4 of
them all on channel 1 last time we looked.

Have actually gone for powerline ethernet instead for some things,
well worth the money, and so impressed by the first pair, we bought
two more to extend the network in to new areas.

Julie