Re: Electric Re-wiring!

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the emails. I think the idea, like has been said, is that
they want it brought up to current regs. Fine if you are about to sell your
house as now doubt the buyer would want this as well (and you to pay for
it), not fine if you are a. not wanting to sell and b. strapped for cash!

I've got an uncle who is an electrician - albeit at the other end of the
country. Am going to seek some more advice but I think the general approach
is going to be get what we need done (i.e. circuit board and metal
faceplates) and then save up for a full re-wire at a later date (before we
sell!).

Thanks again,

Mark

On 5/2/07, Jon Payne <jgpayne@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   I think that's what they do these days isn't it? They want to bring
> everything up to currents regs. I had Southern Electric round - I
really
> just wanted the earthing updated and fuse box replaced, but they also
wan=
ted
> to install an extra circuit for a TV amp in the airing cupboard and
split
> the ring main, those last two people labour intensive =3D expensive.

<neil.fuller%40gmail.com>>

more authority.