Re: X10 controlling a bank of 4 switches

Hi Tim

Budget =3D ~=A3100

To install the AD10s, as you say I'd need a cons. unit up in the ceiling.
The only 'space' I have available to do this (tearing a whole in my ceiling
right now doesn't appeal to me, as we've just bought the place) is a single
pattress box to the right of the switch bank.

Can the AD10s be fitted without being mounted to a consumer unit, safely?
O=
is there something that acts like an AD10 available for this purpose?

On 02/05/07, Tim Hawes <timsyahoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 5/2/07, Richard Parker <mr.richard.parker@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sorry, don't think I was clear enough!
> >
> > By 4 separate circuits, I meant that there are 4 switches - to
control =
4
> > separate lights.
>
> That's ok, that's what I thought.
>
> These all come back to the same breaker on the circuit
> > board. In my other rooms this isn't a problem, because there's
only one
> > light in each - so I have used the standard X10 wall dimmer (they
are
> not
> > low voltage halogens so the dimmer works nice). The front room is
> > different kettle of fish.
>
> I think the AD10 solution will still work for you though, no?
> You may need a separate small consumer unit with the AD10's in it,
> maybe in the ceiling void with access panel in the floor above, or in
> a wardrobe upstairs, airing cupboard etc.
>
> > Economical: cheap!!!
>
> I had realised that... ;-)
> The question was more "what is your idea of economical/cheap? a
=A320
> fix, =A3100, =A3500" etc. as everybody has different
budgets/yardsticks..=
.

> HTH,
>
> Tim.
>

> > On 02/05/07, Tim Hawes <timsyahoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Richard,
> > >
> > > You don't define "economical" but here goes
anyway...
> > > I assume all 4 lighting circuits are independent of each
other so it
> > > seems 4-off AD10's can do this for you, e.g.
> > > http://www.letsautomate.com/10001.cfm?
> > >
> > > Get a 5-pack for ~=A3105 and you've got a spare one for
another circu=
it.

wrote:

> don't