Re: X10 controlling a bank of 4 switches

  • Subject: Re: X10 controlling a bank of 4 switches
  • From: "Ben Geach" <BenUKHA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 12:30:35 -0000

Or you could get four of these:

http://www.letsautomate.com/11608.cfm?
http://www.simplyautomate.co.uk/HDM1

They are dimmable and give a nice soft start but DO work with dimmable
low voltage transformers. Could ne nice to set "scenes"?

They need to fit in ceiling or behind switch (so space neeeded in
backbox - OK if you have plasterboard walls and can poke them up there!)

Then convert switches to momentary ones (there is a double plate made
by MK - in their Gridplus range; which can do 4 switches (
http://www.simplyautomate.co.uk/productDisplay.asp?prodId=6365
or
local electrical supplier)

Hope that helps,