Re: Re: Would Water Surface Reflect IR?

Water will reflect IR,  ripples on the surface would also scatter the
return signal, so it really depends how sensitive the Sharp sensor is.
Have you asked on one of the robotics forums or even the store if they
could test it?
You could also try a simple test.

Point a TV remote at a bowl of water and view the result with a digital
camera.

>From the datasheet the wavelength (λ) = 850 nm ±
70 nm which is the same
as a TV remote IR LED.

Most digital cameras, CCTV, Mobile phones, etc are still reasonably
sensitive to IR at this wavelength even if they have an IR cut filter.

HTH

Dave