RE: 64bit or 32bit

If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will say so, but I don't believe
there's
any connection between 64bit PCI-X and 64 bit operating systems... AFAIK
both 32-bit PCI and 64-bit PCI-X are fully operable with either a 32-bit
or a 64-bit OS...

I would suggest you base your choice on the available drivers for your
devices... 64-bit device drivers (which you need if you run a 64-bit OS)
are rather thin on the ground by most accounts.. Does your 3Ware card
have 64-bit drivers available? - if so, do all the other devices you
wish to use (including embedded devices on the mobo) - can you get
64-bit drivers for all the Intel chipset devices, such as LAN, Sound,
and so on...

I would only go 64-bit after a fair bit of investigation into those
questions...

Paul G.

Of aashram