Re: Problem with wall dimmers

Hi Richard,

I'm using three two wire Marmitek X10 dimmers in my house, all with
mains-voltage halogens.  None of them have flicker problems.  All
purchased from LetsAutomate.

Just to clarify, the ceiling mains voltage halogens work fine on their
own?  The problems only start when the kitchen lights are used?

I know you haven't found a transfomer for the kitchen unit halogens, but
I would pull one of the bulbs out, get the code from it and check it is
a mains halogen and not a low-voltage unit.  If its a low voltage you
would need to remove the dimmer from that circuit as it will never work
unless it is a special dimmable low voltage lighting set (which it seems
it is not)

Dimming low voltage lights is not usually an option without special
dimmable transformers.  (Someone else correct me if I'm wrong on this)

Hope this helps,

Simon