From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Neil Ball
Sent: 13 March 2007 12:47
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] [OT] Laptop battery problems

I've got an Asus Z7100V laptop with faulty battery. I cannot find anywhere
that stocks the unit fitted - the model is A42-M7. I've tried all of the
online suppliers to no avail - they either don't list the laptop at all,
list the laptop but with the wrong battery code, or show the battery as out
of stock and with no idea if they will ever restock the battery! Asus have
been useless so far so I've given up there. I've had a look at the failed
battery to see if it would be possible to open the pack to get at the cells
but it is firmly sealed and I've not succeeded in finding any methods to
open it up. Can anyone help me find a replacement or have a better idea of
how to get into the battery pack?

Neil B.