Vista Media Center Review

Here's a nice blog review of Vista Media Center. Worth a read if you
are
considering the upgrade from XP MCE...

"Media center is ready for the big time, and I highly recommend it
become
the central entertainment hub of your home. With extenders in any of your
major entertainment areas, you now have access to everything. All your
music, all your TV, pictures, even video library is now available
everywhere
from a centralized location. Multiple sattelite DVR's is always a huge
hassle (let's see, which one did I record that show on again?), it's low
def, no music library, etc. Besides, with free over the air HD, it's a no
brainer to spend $50, and a little time on your roof. What a lot of people
don't realise is, that most of the HD you can get on sattelite and cable,
you can get for free, over the air, and recorded directly into media
center.
(about 95% of the TV my family watches comes from the major networks, which
provide free over-the-air HD. (Mostly Fox.) 24, Prison Break, American
Idol,
Bones, etc.) Also, for a lot less money than you think, you can toss in
home
automation and control it through your media center experience. Everything
from turning off any lights in the house, to open the garage door, viewing
security cameras, just about anything you could ever want...

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/article1855.html

M.