Re: Re: X10, PowerMax+ and Harmony

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the response. Now that you mention it, I remember reading
something about sleep mode, so this may indeed pose a problem. If this is
the case, I will have to purchase some additional sensors to act as the
occupancy sensors, OR replace the Visonic ones with sensors that perform
both functions. Can anyone recommend a suitable device compatible with
Visonic PowerMax+ as well as for use as an occupancy sensor?

Would the current Visonic sensors still transmit their status via the XM10U
connected to the PowerMax+ though? If not, I'm not sure what worth there is
in me keeping the XM10U. Told you I was new to this :) Ah well, we live and
learn :)

Thanks

Richard

On 08/03/07, Dave Ward <DFHWukha@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Richard,
>
> I hope someone will correct me, but you may have difficulty using
> PowerMax PIRs as occupancy sensors, I think they only report twice and
> then go into sleep mode. The BT branded PIRs I have don't seem to
> 'arm' again until they sense no movement for several minutes.
>
> On a similar note I found this Powermax compatible Solar powered
> driveway beam break sensor the other day
>
> http://www.jnstar.co.nz/index.html
>
> Dave
>
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>,
"icx1322" <
> mr.richard.parker@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Quick introduction: my name is Richard and I'm new to the group,
and
> > new to HA in general. New apartment, and with it the opportunity
> > install some automation gear!
> >
> > I've grand(ish) plans for my setup, and have already ordered all
the
> > bits. At the moment I've got a PowerMax+ alarm setup with 4 PIRs.
> > want to use the PIRs to turn lights on and off, as well as
trigger
> > certain events that can be interpreted via the Harmony Gold
software.
> > For this purpose, I've purchased an XM10U which I understand
allows the
> > PowerMax+ sensors to communicate over the powerline with the rest
of
> > the X10 system.
> >
> > Introduction over! Down to business.... :)
> >
> > I've purchased several X10 dimmer controls, a CM12 computer
interface
> > and the harmony software.
> >
> > My question has to do with the electrical circuit. Basically, we
have
> > two separate breakers on the consumer unit for the bed/bath
lights and
> > living/kitchen areas. There is a similar setup with the wall
sockets,
> > two separate breakers for bedrooms and living/kitchen areas.
Should the