RE: Kat5 Anomaly

  • Subject: RE: Kat5 Anomaly
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 12:32:48 -0000

Hi Marc

> Seeing the KAT5 units being discussed reminded me about a small
> annoyance I am seeing with my new KAT5 units.
>
> I've got a very simple setup, one transmitter and one receiver using
> S-Video. Output is from a Pace Sky+ box and goes via the KAT5's  to a
> Samsung 32" LCD. The CAT5 cable is Cat5e UTP and wired to 568-B.
>
> The anomaly I am seeing is when the screen is mainly displaying blue.
> This can be the blue you see whilst changing channels on Sky or even
> just a blue background on a tv show. It only ever happens to the
colour
> blue and only really appears when the blue background takes up more
> that, say 40% of the screen.  It only seems to happen every other
time.
> E.g if I change channel it won't do it.. if I then change channel
again,
> it will.. and so on and so forth.
>
> The anomaly appears as a dark coloured squashed up patchwork pattern
> against the blue background. Very hard to describe. It does not
appear,
> or is not visible any other time.
>
> It's not really a big issue, but can get annoying when watching a show
> about blue screen techniques :D
>
> Any ideas ?

What connecting cables are you using.

I assume s-Video to SCART at the transmitter as a SKY+ box does not have
S-Video out via SCART.

Are you using SCART to S-video at the TV end or are you using a SCART to
SCART lead into an S-video enabled SCART ?

If you are using a SCART to SCART lead it could be crosstalk in the cable
from the output of the TV's tuner.  Disconnect Pin 19 (video out) of the
SCART lead at the TV end and it should cure the problem.

If it doesnt then contact me directly and I will try to resolve the
problem.

Regards

Keith