RE: Re: Urgent PC Help Needed

If the system boots, but without display, can you vnc/rdp onto it from
else=
where?

If the system powers up, but does not boot, it's most likely a
faulty/badly=
seated component.  Strip out all but one dimm.

I had a problem on my office PC where the mb would power on, but no beeps
o=
r vga only last month.  I'd blown my bios chip, and had to replace it.
Cos=
t =A320ish including an extractor tool to get the old chip out.  It turns
o=
ut, I'd blown the bios ages before, and just hadn't rebooted to discover
th=
e problem.

http://www.biosflashuk.com/

=20

Before Christmas my mcepc would not boot, and no vga.  Mb powered up
though=
, just nothing happening.  I swapped out the PSU and up she came.  Strange
=
thing was, the old PSU was working and providing power.  It just wouldn't
a=
llow the system to boot up.