Re: Urgent PC Help Needed

Shorting the green wire to a black wire in the ATX power connector
starts
the PSU (bent paper clips are good). But sometimes PSUs need a load to
start
properly -- a few decent fans or a potentially sacrificial hard disk will
do.

Funnily enough, I've just had exactly this symptom with an Antec True Power
that proved to have one rail dead. Motherboard had a "D bracket"
with LEDs
which showed it getting stuck at first stage of POST. May be your
motherboard has something similar for diagnosis.

Cheers

David