RE: CBus wiring

> Phil (again!!!) - how susceptible is the CBus network to
> noise/interference - or not at all?
>
> Paul.

Erm ... how do you want me to answer that question? In what kind of
units/terms do you want my reply? (Alternatively - "don't measure
something
you can't do anything about.")

The short and unfortunately flippant sounding answer is "As resilient
as you
allow it to be."

At the end of the day if you design your C-Bus network properly, giving due
consideration to avoiding parallel runs with nearby mains cables, not
trapping or snagging C-Bus cables, ensuring correct use of burdens,
appropriate placement of power supplies or powered modules etc. then you
will have a network which is pretty much guaranteed to work faultlessly for
years. However, in the harsh reality of life (and with the amazing capacity
of people to simply bollocks things up in ways that never cease to amaze
me)
you could - with some effort - end up with a network which is more use as a
clothes line.

So - simple answer is, if you go by the network design "rules"
and allow it
to be reliable then it will be ... my own experience of C-Bus has been that
you can do some pretty awful things to the implementation of the network
and
it'll still manage to work, I've seen installs where there has been C-Bus
squirted over CAT5E, Twin & Earth, Bell Wire, Alarm Wire and even along
cheapo TV RF coax and it has still worked fine but that's not to say that I
would ever suggest any of those routes.

Phil