POwerline Networking - FYI

  • Subject: POwerline Networking - FYI
  • From: "Tim Fletcher" <timfletcher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 10:42:47 -0000

HI,

just sorted out my XBMC and NAS network problems by using Solwise
Powerline=
networking PL-85E.  Bought direct from Solwise @ approx =A332 each inc VAT=
and delivery - Just plug them in and away they go.  Neat little utility to=
configure security and measure bandwidth.  Looks like a real 70Mbs on the =
same ringmain - seems to halve through each RCD - Garage is half speed,
gar=
age through RCD extension is a quarter. Might not be the case, but that is
=
how it appears.  Works fine with all devices - A little more than I wanted
=
to pay, but for less than =A3100 it seemed easier than pulling and chasing
=
CAT5.

No affiliation blah blah.

Tim.=20=20