WAS : RE: Windows Server 2003 - cheapest option?

Now: Just a note regarding Windows Activation (I do this pretty
frequently).

If you have to reactivate Windows (or any MS product) and you cannot do it
online because for whatever reason the MS Activation process has
disappeared
up its own arse then when you phone the activation number and you get the
automated tart at the other end *DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING*.

The automated tart just does a manual version of the internet process and
you still won't be able to activate it so sit there quiet as a mouse and
don't hit any keys/options even though the automated tart will keep asking
you to.

After a short time, the tart will relent and you'll get put through to a
human being who will ask you why you need to re-register, then you can give
a reason and they'll actually be helpful - honest! I have a couple of
machines that I repeatedly install with the same OS serial and they have
always been really good and just given me another activation code. (And
they're available 24 hours a day - I know that too!)

I know we all slate MS and their products but their activation procedure is
actually pretty well thought through and is only really a pain in the arse
if you're ripping off their software!

Phil