Fw: Re:PC Cooling Tips

  • Subject: Fw: Re:PC Cooling Tips
  • From: "Tim Fletcher" <timfletcher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 02:16:02 -0000

Hi Darren,

I just put a Zalman CPNS7000 series in my MCE box.  I did a bit of
"case geometry realignment" with some tinsnips and put the speed
control outside the case.

At full speed the fan is far from silent, but you can back it off and it
drops below the noise of the drives - It would be nice to have something
soft that controls drive the speed as a factor of temp, but the mobo
doesn't appear to support it.

I did a saved search on Ebay (where would we be without it) and waited for
a cheap unit (because I was unsure if it would make a difference - I'd say
it does - YMMV!)

Give it a whirl.

L8r

Tim.