Re: [OT] Any lawyers on list - or anyone got access to one?

What do they actually want to charge for the software for the card or
the
service they're offering?

My impression from your email is that the service rather than the cards
wil=
stop working i.e. the cards will still work as individual adsl modem but
no=
be capable of delivering a bonded connection as that depends on software at
both your end and the service providers end.

Andy

On 02/03/07, Paul Gale <groups2@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm looking for a quick bit of advice re the supplier of my bonded
ASDL
> router software.
>
> I originally bought three ADSL PCI cards from them and with which came
th=
> ability to use their software (a collection of GNU and open source
softwa=
re
> but with modified scripts and tweaks). At that time and as far as I
know,
> there was no licence that mentioned anything about reserving the right
> charge any more for this 'subscription' in the future etc.
>
> I've just had notification that they now want to charge a =A330 annual
fe=
> for the use of each card with the software WITH ANY VERSION - new or
old.
> i.e. even running old versions will stop working if I don't subscribe
> this new model.
>
> I was wondering if this is actually legal - it's effectively holding
me t=
> ransom or like a car dealer selling you a car and then a year later
sayin=
> that they were now going to charge extra for every mile travelled from
no=
> on (and for no extra benefit). Since I had no contract or declaration
etc
> stating that this may happen in the future. Effectively if I don't
subscr=
ibe