Re: [OT] Any lawyers on list - or anyone got access to one?

All sounds pretty UNreasonable to me. I can't help with the lawyer,
but good luck :-)

Tim.

On 3/2/07, Paul Gale <groups2@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm looking for a quick bit of advice re the supplier of my bonded
ASDL r=
outer software.

> I originally bought three ADSL PCI cards from them and with which came
th=
e ability to use their software (a collection of GNU and open source
softwa=
re but with modified scripts and tweaks). At that time and as far as I
know=
, there was no licence that mentioned anything about reserving the right
to=
charge any more for this 'subscription' in the future etc.

> I've just had notification that they now want to charge a =A330 annual
fe=
e for the use of each card with the software WITH ANY VERSION - new or
old.=
i.e. even running old versions will stop working if I don't subscribe to t=
his new model.

> I was wondering if this is actually legal - it's effectively holding
me t=
o ransom or like a car dealer selling you a car and then a year later
sayin=
g that they were now going to charge extra for every mile travelled from
no=
w on (and for no extra benefit). Since I had no contract or declaration
etc=
stating that this may happen in the future. Effectively if I don't subscri=
be I'm stuffed!