From: Tim Hawes
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: 02 March 2007 13:28
Subject: [ukha_d] ADSL Max upgrades

I have a question for those of you who have upgraded to ADSL Max. I
understand there's a bit of "up & down" of line speeds while
the best
speed the line supports is settled upon. Once this speed has been
determined, is that it? Or is it checked at regular intervals?

I can get a free upgrade to whatever my line will support, but I've
still got a basic Thomson USB modem. I'm looking at getting a Vigor,
so should I get the router first then upgrade, or doesn't it matter?
I'm assuming the Vigor will be better at holding a faster connection.
The BT checker says I could get up to 6Mbps.

Cheers,

Tim.