Latest message you have seen: Secuyou Wireless Security System Locks Your Doors and Windows with Press of a Button

Re: [OT] TiVo misbehaving - suggestions welcomed!

Sorry, can't help, but have you posted on
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14
- you'll get some
good help on there (probably)

S.

On 19/06/07, John <jpm.egroup1@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Since many people on the list have TiVo / experience of it, I would
> welcome
> any suggested fault finding strategies etc.
>

> I have a TiVo which has behaved faultlessly for many years.  When I
> initially got it, I upgraded it to dual 80GB drives and put in an
Ethernet
> card.
>

> However it now seems to 'lock up' about once a day.  The picture is
still
> presented out the SCART socket (i.e. frozen picture of what it was
> recording
> / 'live' TV).  The LEDs on the front panel blink in response to the
remote
> control.  Does not respond to PING / Telnet commands when in the
'locked
> up'
> condition.  Power cycle is the only resolution.
>

> Does not appear to be related to time of day / status of box (standby
/
> active / recording / displaying live TV).
>

> My initial thoughts for fault finding were to rebuild the disks / pop
in a
> new PSU. but it would help the diagnostic process if there were some
log
> files that one could browse which pointed to a fault.
>

> I could, of course, use this as an excuse to 'change' to a Microsoft
MCE.
> but wife & kids really like the TiVo now, so am reluctant to
introduce a
> change.
>

> Any thoughts or suggestions on the first steps in 'debugging'?
>

> John

Regards

Simon

---