Latest message you have seen: [ADVERT] InFocus Screenplay 4805 + Brand New & Boxed Lamp

RE: Monitoring a new water meter...

Just did a Google to find out that Elster meters are the new name for
Kent
meters. Back in my energy management days I had to datalog many kinds of
Kent in-line meter from 15mm upto 120mm. In their smaller domestic ranges
you need to fit a pulse unit to a port on the meter - it used to be a reed
switch that would be pulsed by a rotating magnet inside the meter. This
then
gives you a volt-free output which you can feed into your datalogger. If
you
look at the image at www.kentmeters.co.uk/en/1242.shtml you can see the
pulse module on the top left hand side of the meter. Some of the larger
meters have a similar port on the face of the meter under a circular
knockout. By the time you reach 50mm and above you can usually fit a pulse
unit between the meter body and the meter face although this means cutting
the anti-tamper tags on the meter so would have to be carried out by the
water board.

If you have a manifold type meter where the inlet & outlet are
concentric
one within the other then you need to identify your meter from the models
shown and contact Elster to find out what pulse module is required. The
Elster website also has PDFs on the different meters ranges which tell you
the litres/pulse.

Neil B.

_____