From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Alex Monaghan
Sent: 17 June 2007 08:38
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] [OT] How do I know who hosts a website

If you got your domain name from the same company, then a whois lookup will
give you the registrant and they usually have a URL as part of the output.

If not this may help

Ping your domain name and then do a whois on the IP address that it
returns.
This will give you the "owner" of the IP address and often the
"owner" will
be your host. You may also find that the IP address if pinged will resolve
to the hosting company.

Any problems, let me know and I'll dig about a bit for you.