Latest message you have seen: RE: CPC doing deal on 200Mbits powerline Ethernet ...

Re: Stopping 'Silent' phone calls

From: "Des Gibbons" <des@xxxxxxx>

> Here are some things I have done, or plan to do shortly:-
>
> Send callers to voicemail outside of waking hours (unless from a
select
> group of numbers)
> Send callers with specific CID direct to voicemail (I do have plans to
send
> them to an IVR from hell, but just havn't had the time to sort it)
> Forward calls to my mobile if I am expecting an important call.
> Send callers with no Caller ID to an IVR which asks them to type a
number
> before ringing any phones (To prevent those silent calls from
overseas)
> Outgoing calls are routed to the cheapest provider, also many outgoing
calls
> are barred depending on the code (070,09,087x, etc)
> All SWMBO's friends and family calls go straight to her extension
without
> disturbing me :))
>
> I have only touched the surface at the moment.
>
> Cheers, Des.

OMG- these are all the sorts of thing i want to do with my setup. Will you
share the configs or pointers to the settings needed?

I haven't bothered with anything atm- it's so badly setup at the minute- i
have to look at the caller id records in SYSLOG, no that's not a typo- they
do go to a syslog server :(

Bro