Re: Scart switcher

  • Subject: Re: Scart switcher
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 16:33:02 +0100

In article <VA.00001e87.00e2a9b3@xxxxxxx>, Ian Oliver wrote:
> This beasty has four scart inputs and two outputs. The remote has
eight
> buttons, four set the input to route to output 1 and the other four do
> this job for the other output.
>
> So, I should be able to route anything to the main TV and anything to
> the modulator, and because the buttons are discrete, I can trigger the
> switch when a device is selected on the local remotes.
>
> Fingers crossed. IME, design cockups of even a minor type can
> completely screw-up this kind of stuff. Say, the odd lockup, or remote
> deafness, or SCART impedance mismatching, or crosstalk, or voltage
> drops on widescreen switching, etc.

It a great bit of kit BUT its audio output can't seem to drive my 10m
cable to my lounge. The audio ends up all "farty".  Putting my
old Smart
SCART in line fixes things! Will fiddle ...

However, it's well made, the remote works well, the video looks good, and
it's giving us the flexibility we need.

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire