Re: New Sky HD server

  • Subject: Re: New Sky HD server
  • From: "kw1816" <kw1816@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:12:17 -0000

Oh blimey - I'd just talked the missus into going for Sky HD. How am I
going to explain this one :-)

Joking asise, looks like it could be promising but lots will depend on
price for the unit and, probably inevitably knowing Sky, the increased
subscription. Mind you, I put in a loftbox based RF distribution
system as a temporary solution in our house as I couldn't find a
distribution system that did what I wanted at the time.

2 years later we're still using it to distribute Sky, Sky+, a third
Sky box dedicated to radio channels and MP3 (with Mainlobby info
screen ) playback via a modulator from my media server. Although we
don't have any big screens (largest is 23" LCD) being fed from it I'm
struggling to convince myself that I need to spend a fortune upgrading
it !

Kevin W.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Maccy <maccy@...> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jun 2007, Simon Coates wrote:
> > I've just been talking to a Sky subby and he said that next year
Sky
> > will be launching a HD server.  4 LNB inputs, 4 cat 5 outputs,
1Tb
> > storage and the facility to record up to 8 channels at once.
Server
> > will distribute TV round the house to cat5/HDMI boxes.
>
> Yes, Sky working on something based on this...
>
> http://www.pacemicro.com/corporate/products/productDetails.asp?
nav=products&productID=GENERIC-Multiroom