Re: Network media player

  • Subject: Re: Network media player
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:58:09 +0100

In article <VA.00001e7b.12f2df6b@xxxxxxx>, Ian Oliver wrote:
> I've also played around with PC-based solutions, including the very
> impressive geexbox, but these have again fallen short of the mark due
> to difficulties with video output and remote control.

Well, this is all now working.

Two big problems, and both in the predicted areas.
1) My old AGP card with TV out wouldn't fit into the mobos AGP slot.
Card was 3.3V only, mobo 1.5V   I bought another from eBay for £13.50
and it's great, but would only do NTSC!  I had to use a Russian hacking
tool to change its BIOS.
2) My MX500 learning remote refused to reliably learn the signal from
the SoundGraph iMon remote. I ended up finding out the format and
writing some Python to generate the on/off pulse data and typed this in
by hand!

But the end result is pretty marvelous!

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire