Re: Electrisave protocol / PC Interface

  • Subject: Re: Electrisave protocol / PC Interface
  • From: "Mal Lansell" <mal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 14:15:01 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Marcus Warrington
<marcus.warrington@...> wrote:

> Even before all this clicking started I wasn't impressed that 1)
the water dispenser stopped working (this turned out to be the supply
tube froze.. a simple "defrost" of the freezer section cured
that),

I might try that - did you have to completely defrost the freezer to
do it?

and 2) this ice dispenser freezes up.. I guess warm air gets into
the chute and can slightly thaw the ice cubes in the hopper that then
freeze together into a solid massive lump. I never use the ice
dispenser now, just open the freezer door and reach into the hopper
instead.

Heh - you could be describing me!  Getting ice out of the hopper by
hand is so much easier than using the through-door chute, which
grinds for ages before dumping one cube of ice in the glass, and
another ten on the floor after you take it away...

Mal