From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Kevin Hawkins
Sent: 07 June 2007 10:33
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Re: Electrisave protocol / PC Interface

Marcus Warrington wrote:
> One thing I might do soon is remove the Electrisave clamp
(transmitter) and then clamp it around the plug lead of various devices
to see how much each is drawing. I have some plug-in units that do this
but they are difficult to read when plugged in behind the TV or fridge..
the remote electrisave monitor should make it much easier.

You will need to clamp around only one wire ie Live or Neutral but not
both as they would interfere / cancel each other out.. Perhaps a really
short extension lead where the cable has been split to allow this.

(As ever where mains is involved be careful as you're down to single
insulation.)