RE: Re: Electrisave protocol / PC Interface

> But really is it really going to save me money? Surely you
> know that if you turn off your appliances and lights you will
> save money. Does a machine that tells you that you are using
> electricity actually help you? If the light is on I know I am
> using electricty??

I think the idea is that you get an instant feedback of your actions with
the electrisave rather than having to wait three months for your next bill
or trying to work out from your meter reading whether you are having an
effect (which is slow and tends to be a bit discouraging). Basically you
can
see that if you are sat with your living room lights on it's costing you x
and if you turn off a couple of lights then it's costing you x-y instead
and
you actually have a number in your head that you can quantify.

It's the same idea as having an instantaneous MPG display in your car ...
You can then modulate what you are doing with your right foot and get
instant results.

Phil