Re: Re: Low profile right-angle plugs (RS232 + USB)

The German Black Box site seems to stock them:
http://www.black-box.de/products/detail_products/detail_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441772742&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302031953&bmLocale=de_DE

Maybe the UK office for Black Box can source them?

Won't Amazon.com ship to the UK? (I've never tried so don't know).

HTH,

Tim.

wrote:

> > Rob,
> >
> > Apologies for the delay, I knew I'd seen some I just wasn't sure
where.

> > Try this link for the serial port:
> > http://www.l-com.com/productfamily.aspx?id=2589
> >
> > They have a number of different versions and you can order
singles
> > from Amazon.com. Apparently.
> > Have a look here for angled usb leads:
> > http://www.beststuff.co.uk/computer_usb_cable.htm
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > Tim.
> >
> > (No affiliations etc.)
> >

> > On 7/14/07, Rob Iles <rob.iles@...> wrote:
> > > Dear All,
> > >
> > > Having recently enclosed my Dupline Master Channel
Generators in a
> > > consumer-unit style housing, I can't close the door with a
typical
> serial
> > > cable attached - - it sticks out to far. Am looking for a
low
> profile right
> > > anngle style connection, without having to roll my own - any
ideas of
> > > suppliers?
> > >
> > > Similaer situation with CBus kit - - can't close cab door
with USB
> Cable
> > > sticking out of the PAC - - is there such a thing as a low
profile
> right
> > > angle USB lead?
> > >
> > > Or, am I going to have to bu lots of plugs, cables, solder,
and
> some potting
> > > compound/similar to make it work?
> > >
> > > N.B. Happy to go home-brew for my own purposes, but would
love to
> hear of
> > > something available on mass, as "we" (my
employers) are likely to