Latest message you have seen: RE: Hot water taps

Re: Fwd: Lost messages

  • Subject: Re: Fwd: Lost messages
  • From: "robin_edw" <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:29:22 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Mark McCall" <lists@...>
wrote:

> > Some of my messages disappear. Others take up to TWO DAYS to
> > appear,. When a thread is running and some responses appear
> > minutes after they are sent and others take days, it makes a
>
> Some email gets blocked by sam filters, disappears into the ether
etc.  I
> can't help you with that.
>
> However, our list is also MODERATED for new users. This is how we
have ZERO
> SPAM on this list.  Yahoo will automatically change "new"
users to
> un-moderated after a set number of posts.
>
> In the meantime our mods have to approve many messages each day,
meaning
> some will appear out of order.
>
> An incident over the weekend is another example of how messages can
seem to
> be delayed.  A message from Phil Harris (long time un-mod'd member)
was
> identified as "Spam" by Yahoo Groups and quarantined until I
spotted
it and
> was able to approve it the following day.
>
> Please remember Yahoo Groups is an excellent FREE service, and the
mods are
> busy people and give their time freely to help the list.
>
> Mark McCall
> List Owner

Mark, I agree in general with your comments, however, I sent a message
yesterday and today it came back with my id had been locked because my
mail had bounced.  Strange as it was in middle of a load of others.
So, put message back on earlier today via web browser, cutting and
pasting from the returned email.  I suspect that was after it was
approved when it went wrong.

Other than that, good service, occasional delay ... but nowt life
threatening :-)
robin