Latest message you have seen: Re: OT: Help needed with PDA

Re: Can anyone get the connected home right?

 >Why do you say that ...

'just that I couldn't see why you were so keen ... but now I can ...

mind you, 8 minutes times 800, equals still quite a lot ... 6400/60 =
about 5 days  ... must stop SWMBO buying any more ...

Chris

On 21 Jul 2007, at 22:10, Phil Harris wrote:

>> Phil -
>>
>> brilliant, many thanks ... have to say, I am coming around to the
>> idea of such a system ... previously, it seemed to me there was
>> nothing wrong with DVDs in a book-case & a home-cinema ... now
>> understand what you're after & we're aiming for something much
more
>> multi-media & multi-screen & about the house
>
> Why do you say that? The whole point of my DVDs going onto the
> server was
> that then they could be played at any time in any room of the house
> and by
> anyone that was in the house ... that was the whole purpose of the
> exercise.
> I had a DVD changer which was piped around the house and was
> excellent for
> use by one person but it couldn't play more than one disc at a time
> (obviously) so it wasn't suitable for multiple people in one property.
>
> If "they" (i.e. someone) was able to produce a DVD player
with good