Re: Re: 1-Wire Headache

OK, this has got very weird.

So I read somewhere that the VDD should be crossed to GND. This can be
done at the sensor or at the PCB. So as a test I moved VDD to ground at
the last sensor and hey presto it started working.

To make things a bit neater I put it back to the VDD pin with the
thought of moving the VDD cable to CNG at the PCB. Once this was done,
the last sensor stopped working again (all others were still working).

Strange I thought, so I lwft VDD to GND at the pcb but almost linked VDD
to GND at the sensor.. and what do you know, all working.

It looks to me that the VDD cable may have a break in it between sensor
2 and 3.

Oh well, working now :D

Cheers

Marc

Jon Payne wrote:

> I think that's unlikely, the fact that you can read the sensor means
> things are generally ok, it's just that you cannot initiate a
> temperature conversion - which does generally mean it's not getting
> enough power: DQ not held high long enough, or droopy.
>
> Having said that I know nothing about the temp08, you could try adding
> a stronger pullup resistor to DQ as suggest in the 1-wire trouble
> shooting docs.
>
> Cheers,
> Jon

TEMP08 via the