Re: Essential wiring 'tool'

  • Subject: Re: Essential wiring 'tool'
  • From: "Paul Bendall" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 20:48:12 -0000

All my tools are Bosch and none of them have failed on me. I have=20
used a Green SDS drill in impact mode to take down a brick raised=20
pond. Still going strong (pond was two skip fulls of blocks). Also=20
have an eletric Green hammer drill, which was used to drill through=20
2' of wood, at one point the bit got stuck and the drill started=20
smoking. Seriously though I had knackered it but let it cool down and=20
it seems none the wiser.

So when it comes to tools I always spend a little extra and get a=20
quality brand (normally German and usually Bosch).

Last purchase was a Bosch GWI 10.8 V-LI Professional Compact Screw=20
driver. It is less than 10cm for the head so gets in all the small=20
areas and great for between joists.

Paul

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Neil Ball" <neilball@...> wrote:

> I bought one last year and found it to be quite a handful to use
=96=20
it needed
> a really powerful grip to keep it from kicking back and running off=20
up or
> down the wall. I certainly could not have used it safely on a=20
ladder. It may
> have been that the lightweight bock I was cutting into was simply=20
too soft
> allowing the blades to bite in much more than in harder material. I=20
would
> say it would last for a day or two before the bushes on the motor=20
needed
> replacing.
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> On a similar vein the SDS machine I bought at the same time was a=20
dead loss
> =96 it burnt out the bushes within a few hours. Fine if you only=20
needed it for
> a few holes but I was using it to cut out electrical back boxes=20
throughout
> the entire house (a new build) so I took it back fro refund and=20
bought a
> Bosch "professional" SDS machine from Screwfix for about 4
times=20
the price