Re: Sat on a Toilet Sensor ?

I've had another thought...how about a light sensor detecting light
inside the bowl. If the bowl is "dark" start fan. You'll probably
need
an additional method to condition the output so that the fan doesn't
just come on at night (e.g. PIR in bathroom, contact from a relay in
the lighting circuit etc.)

The light sensor could be small enough to mount under the rim, and you
could also "pot" the electronics to make the thing a bit more
hygenic.

Any use?

Cheers,

Tim.

On 7/11/07, Marcus Warrington <marcus.warrington@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> OK.. I need some ideas for a little problem I have.
>
> I am currently refitting our bathroom and I need a way of activating a
> fan but ONLY when some is SAT on the toilet. The fan is a "pan
fan" that
> extracts air from the toilet bowel to prevent.. err.. smells..
pervading