[OT] IE7 problems...

  • Subject: [OT] IE7 problems...
  • From: "Dean Barrett" <dean@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 16:03:49 +0100

A bit bizarre - i currently run Firefox & IE7 on the same machine
- suddenly
IE7 has stopped working and tells me the usual :-

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's
domain.
If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options,
click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled
under the security section.

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
To view subscribed feeds

Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed
you
want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)

Click Tools , and then click Work Offline.
Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page
you want to view.

I've run the Diagnose connection problems bit and it says ok - if I look at
the log it also say ok and has http/s anf ftp'd www.microsoft.com - if I
type that in the address bar - I still get same error

I've deleted all temp files - but still same.

Strangley - I setup a new PC and delivered to site - went to connect to
CCTV
server which I could ping - but got this same error message, unfortunately
no broadband there so couldn't install firefox.

Has anyone else suffered this problem - I've googled but found no answers.

Thanks

Dean.