Re: Off to Canada, everything must go

  • Subject: Re: Off to Canada, everything must go
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham.howe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 20:47:12 -0000

I was very lucky. I work in IT and my current employer, a large=20
multinational was laying off 80% of IT staff world wide. I put my name=20
forward to take the generous redundancy payout with the intention of=20
then aggressively targetting the Candian job market. However the=20
company then said they didn't want to lose me and what would it take to=20
keep me. I said get me to Canada and so they have. I will be working in=20
the same job I have now, from home with at least a 3 year work permit=20
which will give me more than enough time for my current PR application=20
to be processed.

>From what I have heard it is far from easy to get jobs in Canada
under=20
other circumstances, particularly in IT. However Alberta is somewhat=20
more boyant than other provinces.

Now, back to the 'yard sale'!

Lots of stuff has gone, the Tivos, Jag, Sub Woofers, KAT5s, LCD,=20
HomeVision, Comfort keypads, PIRs, Smoke detectors and some X10=20
modules. Items of note that still remain are the following:

- Land Rover Discovery (looking for offers above =A33500)
- 2 x MGE Pulsar Extreme 3000 UPS (look it up these are monsters, one=20
has never been used the other has only had light use) =A3200 each but do=20
not even think about asking for postage as they weigh about 37Kg
- Panasonic TH-42PWD4 in silver with speakers and stand as well as a=20
wall mount - first offer over =A3350 gets it
- Arcam Alpha 10 amp + DAVE + 10P3 (regularly go for =A3700-800 on eBay=20
but I will accept =A3600 from a list member to avoid hassle)

Office desks and pedestals free to those willing to collect. Lots of=20
x10 modules for half retail price with discount for multiples. Also=20
found 4 ePODs (one for the older diehards who remember previous=20
frenzies on here)

Graham