RE: RE: MS TTS Voices for Vista

Hmm... not sure it would be wise for me to post up the MSI's publicly,
-
questionable legality vis-a-vis copyright & all that...

It's fairly easy to modify them yourself though.. You have to get hold
of a tool which can edit MSI files. MS have a free one you can download
called ORCA, which is a part of the Windows Platform SDK. The whole SDK
is a big download, but if you go to the web install page:
http://tinyurl.com/m3nld go through the
WGA check, download and run the
1.2MB setup file appropriate for your machine (PSDK-x86.exe in my case),
this will run an install wizard which will let you selectively install
individual components. In the custom install option you can deselect
everything apart from the "Microsoft Windows Installer SDK"

When that is installed, right-click on the AT&T voices MSI file, and
there will be a new option on the context menu: "Edit with ORCA"
-
select this.

When the MSI is open in ORCA, browse down to the line: LaunchCondition
in the left-hand listpane, then in the right pane, edit the 3rd line
down an append this text to it: " OR (VersionNT = 502) OR
(VersionNT=600)"  (exclude the quotes of course...)

Save that MSI, then run that instead of the original, and it should all
work fine!

Paul G.