Re: [OT] Apache Webserver

Hello,

On 1/23/07, Mark Golledge <markgolledge@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Apologies if this is off-topic but hope you might be able to help.
>
> I'm trying to setup a series of webpages to coincide with Apache. To
> do this I need to load the Apache module mod_proxy_html (trying to run
> a reverse proxy) as here -
>
> http://apache.webthing.com/mod_proxy_html/
>
> It's not included the original Apache build.
>
> Downloaded the stable version from this site which is a file ending .c
>
> All files in the module file end .so.
>
> I need to 'build' this file into Apache but I can't find any
> documentation anywhere on how to build new module files. Anyone know
> of a newbie's way to do this!??!
>
> I know I can't just rename file to .so, place in modules folder and
> then edit httpd.conf file with LoadModule proxy_html_module
> modules/mod_proxy_html as Apache won't start.
>
> I'm running Apache 2.2.4 on Windows XP.

The .c file is the C source code for the module, you will need to
complie this, using at a guess, the gcc compiler.

If you look at the bottom of that page, it does say that binaries are
available for registerd users, and that the source code is provided
free under the GPL.

So, either compile yourself, see if someone can do for you, or a
compiled version is availble for download elsewhere or register (=A350
minimum by the looks of it)

Can't help much with specifics of gcc, been far to long since I've
played with that, but I'm sure google can or the other helpful people
around here.

Julie