Re: [Advert] - *Massive* clearout - please help me pay for my new AV amplifier!

NiMH batteries supply 1.2V per cell whereas new standard alkaline
supply
1.5V so popping standard batteries in could have damaged it .  Having
said that I would have expected that a device made by a company such as
Philips would have protected against such a likely situation.

Kevin