RE: [OT] SKY - There is a technical fault with this channel please try again later.

  • Subject: RE: [OT] SKY - There is a technical fault with this channel please try again later.
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 12:15:46 -0000

That's what I've done - bought a component/spdif switcher and switch
the Xb=
ox (XBMC) and Sky HD though component Kat5 modules.

Works really well - the switcher has RS232 and IR inputs.

Of course, some stage in the future - maybe a few years away, if the
output=
from Sky HD is limited to HDMI only, I'll need to re-think. I don't think =
it'll be anytime soon though. Even then, my plasma doesn't have HDMI, so
it=
'll be time to upgrade anyway :)

Paul.

really rath=
er
> > like to make good use of them!
>=20
> I vowed never to go back to Sky but I must admit I miss the music
channel=
> and Discovery Real Time (Currently have FREESAT.)
> Now I've got new HD TV's in the bedroom upstairs and I see the price
of
> that Panny PX60 for =A3900 I hanker for HD in the lounge :-)
> Worse part is that I have no real way to get HD down to the lounge
from
> Node 0 unless someone has a suggestion?
>=20
> Current feeds to lounge TV point is:
>=20
> 4 Core VanDamme Red Series Coax - Currently used for RGB Scart from
RGB
> Switcher (Sky via Tivo, Sky (2nd Box),DVD, Xbox)
> 5 Core VanDamme Red Series Coax - Currently used for 15 Pin VGA from
Medi=
> Centre
> CAT5 No.1 - Currently used for IR receiver.
> Cat5 No.2 - Unused.
>=20
> I guess my only real option would be to use Component for HD on Sky,
DVD
> and Xbox but then I need to switch it which I guess is a new AV amp?
:-(