Re: CCTV with XBox

  • Subject: Re: CCTV with XBox
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 18:02:54 -0000

Hi Martin,
AFAIK I've never heard of an xbox modded or otherwise being used for
cctv?!  i might be wrong but in all my trawling of forums i've never
seen it mentioned.

You might be able to get a web browser working on an xbox and
theoretically view ip cameras but i wouldnt be overly confident about it!

most people on this list i think will reccomend geovision, it requires
a pc to be on 24/7 but has many many benefits,

i don't have it myself although i'd dearly love to! so i'll leave for
others to explain the ins and outs :)

Noel

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Martin Howell <martin.howell@...> wrote:

> A recent spell in hospital, leaving SWMBO alone at home, has brought
> forward my plans for rigging up external and internal cameras around
the
> ol' homestead.  I'm attracted by the idea of using one of the 50 quid
> Argos Xboxes as a base, because its a) cheap, b) quiet and c)
small-ish.

> I have no experience with these boxes, so I could do with some
guidance
> from those who have done this kind of thing before.  My
understanding is