RE: [OT] SKY - There is a technical fault with this channel please try again later.

  • Subject: RE: [OT] SKY - There is a technical fault with this channel please try again later.
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 17:08:50 -0000

The SD stuff is only on Sky One HD - the other channels ARE HD as far
as I'=
ve seen so far - BBC is getting much better and showing lots more - really
=
does make a difference over SD. Film channels, Nat Geographic etc are good
=
too but limited programming.

Paul.

Humax
> devices (supposedly the best) will have these features. Might not be
as
> slick as Sky, but free. Nice they have Component out too :-)
>=20
> G.
>=20
>  Gareth Cook
>  IT Architect / Project Manager, SWG Sales
>  IBM SWG Sales - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
>  Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
>  email: g@xxxxxxx
>=20
>=20
> ----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 04/01/2007 15:37 -----
>=20
> Discussion
> Main Topic
>=20
> ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> Today 14:43
>=20
> .
> Subject:
> .
> RE: [ukha_d] [OT] SKY - There is a technical fault with this channel
> please try again later.
> .
> Category:
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I've still not seen a system that rivals Sky+ though (maybe apart from
> Tivo - but that had it's limitations). Would be interesting to see
what
> you think if you do go this route. I do like the HD channels though
with
> Sky HD - getting better all the time.
>=20
> Paul.
>=20
>=20

good swa=
p -
> > EPG not as good but there are plugins to use the series link data
the
> BBC
> > are trialling.
> >
> > Tempting
> >
> > G.
> >
> >  Gareth Cook
> >  IT Architect / Project Manager, SWG Sales
> >  IBM SWG Sales - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
> >  Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
> >  email: g@xxxxxxx
> >

> > ----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 04/01/2007 12:34 -----
> >
> > Discussion
> > Main Topic
> >
> > ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> > Today 12:12
> >
> > .
> > Subject:
> > .
> > RE: Fw: [ukha_d] [OT] SKY - There is a technical fault with this
channe=
> > please try again later.
> > .
> > Category:
> >

> > I've never seen the problem due to weather in the 8 years or so
I've
> used
> > Sky/Sky+/Sky HD.
> >
> > I have seen quite a few problems with boxes locking up though
> (especially
> > the HD box) - but I'm pretty sure this is down to the box over
heating
> as
> > it's in Node0 with lots of PC's and amps etc - gets VERY warm in
there.
> > Directing a desk fan at the box has cured the problem so far.
> >
> > Paul.

lot?